Featuring new mural art by Iker Muro along the Nolan Street Underpass at Cherry Street, Daniel Eime on Burnet Street at Cherry Street, and Los Dos under the Hays Street Bridge at Cherry Street. Also look for the works ofArlene Mejorado throughout the eastside neighborhood.
Music provided by DJ Steven Lee Moya, who will spin sounds of Texas, Spain & Portugal.
Luminaria Information Booth & Merchandise at Cherry & Burnet Street.
Image courtesy of Iker Muro
Your adventure to the far reaches of Earth begins at the Witte Museum this fall! On September 28th, Cocktails & Culture features an after-hours journey into National Geographic presents Earth Explorers, an interactive exhibit featuring some of the most extreme environments on Earth. Start at Base Camp then climb, soar, dive, trek and chill your way around the world, virtually following in the footsteps of real National Geographic explorers.
Enhance your experience by downloading the Earth Explorers AR Experience app on iTunes or Google Play and bring the different animals in the exhibition to life!
Earth Explorers AR Experience app Download Links:
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Geomedia.EarthExplorers&hl=en
Complimentary beer and cocktails provided by
Alamo Beer and Dripping Springs Vodka and Gin
Food provided by Mi Taquito Arandas Jalisco
Special appearance of CycloSocial Co.
Entertainment provided by DJ Steven Lee Moya
Photo booth provided by Mad Mad Photo Booth
This adventure is for guests 21 and over.
Cost: $15 per person, includes entrance to the event plus admission to National Geographic presents Earth Explorers.
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.WitteMuseum.org or call 210.357.1910.
Join us as we celebrate the best of downtown San Antonio with new Awards + Honors, while enjoying complimentary signature cocktails, locally brewed craft beer, South Texas wine and ample local eats!
Music Provided by Steven Lee Moya
Immediately following the awards, join us and the rest of the downtown community as we celebrate and launch the new downtown San Antonio brand.
Centropolitan Awards ticket purchasers will receive an exclusive VIP experience at the Brand Launch Party which includes complimentary drinks & eats throughout the entire evening!
Purchase tickets and tables to attend the 2016 Centropolitan Awards here:http://bit.ly/2aEfhUn
As part of the World Heritage Festival, join us for a fun evening at Mission San Jose. The evening will kick off with family-friendly activities and entertainment. Bring a picnic or enjoy snacks from the available food vendors. At dark, the facade of Mission San Jose will be restored to its original frescoed appearance using projection technology. Steven Lee Moya will be providing the tunes. Don't miss out this unique chance to experience the mission in a whole new way!
Restored by Light is made free and open to the public. Parking will be available off of Napier Ave near the south entrance.
Sept 1, 2016 - Oct 30, 2016
Russell Hill Rogers Gallery I | Santikos Building
Free and open to the public
Culture Remixed is focused on dedicated, honest writing. The blog is based in Los Angeles and is richly informed by its location. I write generally about culture, but focus on music. At the moment the Los Angeles Beat scene centered around Low End Theory and the growing Latina/o electronic movement in South and North America
Culture Remixed welcomes:
Steven Lee Moya from San Antonio, Texas (#OtherDirections #HavanaHiFi)
Listen Live from 6pm-8pm pst / 8pm-10pm cst: http://radiosombra.org/
Cool down in the Dog Days of Summer at Pearl’s First Thursday on August 4, from 5-7 p.m. featuring a DJ set by Steven Lee Moya, in-store specials, and more. Details on the event offerings are as follows:
● Lick Honest Ice Creams will offer free ice cream toppings, including Dewberry sauce and cone crumbs throughout the event. The award-winning ice cream is crafted with pure, locally sourced ingredients making for a delicious yet conscious dessert.
● Green Vegetarian Cuisine is embracing the “Dog Days of Summer” theme by offering vegetarian Chili Hot Dogs at an exclusive price of $4.
● Cured at Pearl's in-house butcher will be demoing how to cure a lamb ham, while certified cicerone Forrest Hyde will bring in Branchline Brewing for a tasting.
● Dos Carolinas will be presenting a selection of game day shirts with 15% off prices.
● Larder will offer 25% off all wine prior to 6:00 p.m.
● Roo & Me will feature crafter Michelle Claire + Cookies by Tiffs Treats, Champagne and a 50% off Sale on select items.
For more information on Pearl, please visit www.atpearl.com.
Ocho and Hotel Havana invite you to our fifth annual celebration of Ernest Hemingway’s birthday on Saturday, July 23, from 7pm – 11:30pm. Enjoy live music by local latin jazz and salsa band Natio , food and drink specials will be available starting Thursday July 21st through Saturday the 23rd. There is no cover charge to attend.
Our special menu will include:
Oyster on the Half Shell $8
Served with a cucumber mignonette & campachena sauce
Hemingway Sliders $8
Ground beef & tenderloin, garlic, capers, green onions, and Havana spice with sweet potatoes fries
Mixed Fruit Empanadas $8
Served with cinnamon and powder sugar
San Antonio's "Mixer of the Year" is throwing a FREE family-friendly block party!
Join #GoodPeopleSA alongside Alan E. Warrick, II, City Councilman District 2, EastPoint San Antonio and Centro San Antonio for the first SOUL SATURDAY for an evening of family fun. ENJOY food trucks, LIVE music, featured freebies, art, interactivity and more!
SHOP - 50 of your favorite local brands will sale fares
DANCE - Live music, including San Antonio favorites
CONNECT - In San Antonio there are #GoodPeopleEverywhere
Bring the kiddies - SOUL Saturday will be full of interactive family fun, including a drum class, face painters, photo booths, chalk painting, and contests!
RSVP for access to special freebies - including tastings, swag, vendor discounts, and more!
Stay tuned for updates on new food truck and vendor announcements. Sponsorships Available. Vendors spaces are going fast, reserve yours. Contact BethanyEast PR & Mgmt. Consulting, email@example.com
Join us for July's #Tech2sday!
Tech Bloc's #Tech2sday July meetup will be at one of SA's best bars- Ocho at Hotel Havana.
Come meet the founders of San Antonio's newest coding academy- Austin Coding Academy and meet our newest Bloc Captains! (Tech Bloc volunteer leaders who are driving the charge on different initiatives)
Join us at the Ocho on
Tues. 7/12 at 5:30pm
Tech Bloc card-carrying members will get their first drink free!
Music by Steven Lee Moya (Resident Host of #HavanaHiFi every Tuesday at Ocho)
These meetups are also great opportunities to meet fellow entrepreneurs, technologists and investors and discuss ideas over a cold beer or craft cocktail.
LET'S GET ENGAGED!
(we recommend taking Uber, Lyft or VIA because parking will be tight!)
Start celebrations for Dad early at Pearl’s First Thursday on June 2 from 5 to 7 p.m. There will be in-store specials, happy hours at several of Pearl’s award-winning restaurants, DJ set by Steven Lee Moya, making it the perfect place to shop for Pop.
Specials and offerings at Pearl’s popular shops and restaurants include:
• Adelante will serve complimentary wine to in-store guests
• With a Hotel Emma Dos Carolinas robe purchase, Curio will offer a complimentary monogram of up to 3 initials.
• Cured is going to do a demonstration on preserving, which will include a showcase of house-made shrubs and preserved lemons.
• Sous Chef Fitzgerald Hentz will do a demo on how to pickle and grill peaches.
• Lick Honest Ice Creams will have their float happy hour all day (25% off floats) and will be releasing their new summer seasonal flavors.
• Larder will be offering 20 percent off split wine bottles and 10 percent off full wine bottles for guests to take and enjoy on the Larder patio, as well as cheese samples.
• From 5:30 to 7:00 p.m., Nao Latin Gastro Bar will offer Smoked Quail Legs for $5; Chicharon Casero for $4; Las Americas Punch, featuring the Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur and the Milagro Silver Tequila, for $7; and Bottled Latin Beers: Quilmes and Victoria for $4 each.
• Southerleigh Fine Food & Brewery will have a pop-up beer booth featuring its favorite craft brews. Beer booth will be located near live music in the park area located by Cured.
• Cruz Ortiz with Snake Hawk Press will be at Roo & Me for First Thursday with his artwork and newly designed onesies to be sold at Roo & Me. Cookies from Tiffs Treats, champagne and a 50% off sale.
Join us for a cocktail party and pre-Fiesta kickoff as we debut our 2016 Hotel Havana and Ocho Fiesta Medals. April 12th, from 6 to 9 pm on the Terrace at Hotel Havana. Tickets are $25 per person and include one free medal, drink and appetizers. Please call Hotel Havana at (210 ) 222-2008 to purchase tickets.
Live music by DJ Steven Lee Moya!
100% of all funds raised at this event will be donated to NPO(s) including the main beneficiary- Hemisfair Conservancy! That means your donation is directly benefitting Registered Non-Profit Organizations aka 501-c3's & your ticket purchase is your proof of donation! #givingbackrocks
The Hemisfair Conservancy is the amazing organization which is responsible for making Hemisfair Park a reality and a true gem of San Antonio. From Yanaguana Gardens to the future home of large outdoor concerts, let's help them achieve their goals and make San Antonio better than it already is! (Check them out here: hemisfairconservancy.org)
So bust out your fun and festive gear (think SXSW/Coachella Style) as you explore all of the different samplings, artwork, and everything else that makes a Yelper Party well known worldwide.
$20 donation will get you access into this exclusive all-access party for three hours with food, drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), entertainment, & more! This event is made possible with all of the local business owners and local businesses participating for this great cause.
SAPLF will host a unique dining experience at the Zinc Bistro & Bar on Thursday, March 3rd at 7:00 pm. Following a masquerade cocktail hour in the Vault, guests will enjoy a candlelit five course meal with wine pairings prepared by Executive Chef Robbie Nowlin. A portion of the proceeds from this fundraising event will benefit the Children’s Low Vision Reading Room at the Central Library. Within the darkness, senses of taste, smell, touch and sound will be heightened. Seating is limited.
Attire: Cocktail, black encouraged